Malachy Walsh and Partners London is an Established Engineering and Environmental Consultants who operate in the UK and Irish and markets and have offices in Cork, Tralee, and Limerick. It offers a number of positions to suitable candidates who meet the requirements of the diversified work that it carries out. Current vacancies as follows:-
Senior CAD Technician
We are seeking a Senior CAD Technician to join MWP in our London office.
As a Senior CAD Technician, you will be an integral part of a dynamic design team, working on some of the most exciting and complex projects throughout the UK and worldwide.
As part of the engineering team, you will support engineering design projects from inception to practical completion on a range of civil and structural works – both temporary and permanent. The role requires producing detailed CAD Drawings to meet with design and construction programmes, liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the co-ordination with Engineers and detailing work appropriate to the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to, and working with Senior Engineers, responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- The preparation of general CAD drawings using Revit/AutoCAD and other propriety design software in accordance with the companies CAD procedure.
- The preparation and updating of the 2D and 3D CAD Model.
- The preparation of engineering drawings and submissions.
- Assist the wider team adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria as per Company guidelines.
- Assisting in scheduling and maintaining a drawing programme to meet the Client’s time frame.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other disciplines design-changes and model challenges.
- Comply with the project IMS, CDM regulations and other relevant Safety and Environmental legislation where relevant.
- Assisting with the production of project documentation.
- Manage the MWP drawing control and filing systems.
- Using Client based intranet and common data environment sites to upload and retrieve drawings.
- Overseeing junior members of the CAD team.
- The ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate in English.
- Day-to-day support to the wider engineering team.
- At least 6years experience with sound knowledge of concrete and steel building structures, and some experience in other structural materials desirable.
- Sound knowledge of CAD Software, Revit is desirable but not essential.
- Commitment to continued education and improvement through on-the-job learning and training opportunities.
- Have knowledge / experience in interoperability between applications.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise parts of projects.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Qualifications in STEM subjects preferred
- A degree or HND / HNC in Construction & Built Environment desirable
- Proven experience of working as a CAD technician within Structures.
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability.
- You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, and you will be supported through working towards a recognised qualification.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to work for an innovative, design-led company based in Canary Wharf, London plus a friendly, dedicated team and a competitive salary.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director – Structural Engineering
About the job
United Kingdom – London
Civil, Structural and Engineering Discipline – MWP UK, Ireland, and Africa
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced structural engineer with a proven track record in project delivery, team development, work winning and client management. The post will be based in London Canary Wharf, where we have the UK MWP Offices delivering work at a local, national and global level.
This is an exciting time for MWP as we continue to build our global business. We are experiencing steady growth despite recent challenging economic conditions globally, with an interesting and expanding pipeline of projects across London. We are a significant presence in the London Design and Construction industry.
As an Associate Director you will have the opportunity to contribute leading and shaping the structural engineering team. A significant part of your role will be client facing and running projects. You would also be expected to contribute to the identification of new leads and securing new and repeat business. You will therefore need to be adept at engaging with clients and other professionals at the inception stage of projects and use your engineering expertise to make a significant contribution to emerging design concepts. We would expect you to hold existing expertise in delivery of projects from inception through to completion, an ability to run and manage resource in the delivery of these projects, hold existing client knowledge and have emerging as well as selected established relationships with the hope of exploiting and growing these relationships to secure opportunities.
• Excellent knowledge of design in Reinforced Concrete Construction.
• Excellent working knowledge of the current Eurocodes and specifically BS EN 1992: (Eurocode 2) Design of concrete structures.
• Excellent working knowledge of Structural Analysis Software, SCIA, TEKLA or similar software.
• Experience in the assessment of existing structures and their justification, as well as new build designs.
We are looking for an individual with a network of contacts with clients, professional practices, architects and contractors in the London Market and South East region that possesses a good appreciation of the construction property market in London and the drivers for growth in the Region
Experience in selling Civil and Structural Engineering services, as well as multi-disciplinary consultancy services and in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams comprising internal teams and sub-consultants along with managing complex design projects ranging from £10m to £100m in construction value is desirable
• Excellent knowledge of standard engineering practices, techniques, procedures and Structural principles.
• Current experience of leading, managing and running, as the principle point of contact, structural engineering design projects
• Wide ranging experience in Building Structures across a number of market sectors, in particular a proven ability to establish structural design concepts and deliverable design schemes
• Established coaching and mentoring skills.
• An understanding of project management principles and practices
• Emerging leadership skills, including skills in business development, client relationship management, technical leadership, team building and motivation
• Sound knowledge of construction contracts and professional agreements and experience fee preparation and the agreeing of scopes of service.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write compelling proposals and deliver engaging presentations to existing and prospective clients
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
• Chartered Engineer (CEng), Member of either the Institution of Civil Engineers and/or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
What We Offer
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience and capability.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Malachy Walsh and Partners is an equal opportunities employer.